Senior Parking Lot Parade
Sunday, June 07, 2020, 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
We are very excited to announce a new event for our seniors! We will have a parking lot parade for all graduating high school seniors on Sunday, June 7, at 4pm. Registration is not required for graduates to participate in this event. Simply arrive at church office area of Keller UMC by 3:30pm the day of, and locate Abigail for further instructions. If you would like to let me know you plan to participate, email Abigail with your name, high school from which you are graduating, and post-graduation plans.
What will happen?
Graduates will complete a walk around the parking lot, allowing each car to whoop and holler for them as their names are read aloud and information about their post-graduation plans are announced (where they are going to school, new jobs they may be starting, or if they are taking a gap year). Cars will fill the parking lot (think Trunk-or-Treat style) and cheer for graduates.
1) Graduates are encouraged to wear their cap and gown as they walk. They may also simply wear their cap and a school shirt. (We all know Texas in June is hot!)
2) Parents and guardians are encouraged to “host a trunk” to cheer on their graduate/s as well as the other students. Decorating your car is welcome, but it is not required.
3) The space in-between cars will meet social distancing guidelines.
4) You will be allowed to sit outside of your car to watch graduates process. Please, remain in your designated space to maintain proper social distancing guidelines.
5) Please, refrain from bringing gifts or cards.
The COVID-19 pandemic has created unprecedented and unforeseeable disruptions to the school year. We appreciate your patience and flexibility as we navigate the best way forward in light of ever-changing plans. We hope you will be able to join us for the parade on June 7 and virtual worship on June 21! Please contact Abigail if you have any questions.
Do you know a graduate who was not able to celebrate - maybe a grandchild, niece/nephew, or God child? They are welcome to participate! Contact Abigail for more information.