Building Blocks Preschool
Building Blocks is a Preschool and Kindergarten ministry of Keller United Methodist Church
Registration for 2021-2022 opens February 16!
To be eligible for enrollment in Building Blocks a child must be at least three years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year (if a 3-year-old program is available), or four years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year (if 4-year-old program is available), or 5 years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year (if Kindergarten program is available.) All students must be potty trained.
If you would like would like more information or to schedule a tour, please contact Building Blocks at 817-431-5318.
Building Blocks provides a first time socialization experience in a mildly structured setting to prepare the child for Kindergarten and a 4-day private Kindergarten. We provide a caring, Christian atmosphere and hands-on learning experience dedicated to the growth and development of the whole child.
Building Blocks classrooms are located in the Family Life Center of the Keller United Methodist Church. The church is located at 1025 Johnson Road in Keller.
- 2 day programs for 3 and 4 year olds on Tuesday/Thursday
- 3 day programs for 3 and 4 year olds on Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday
- 4 day program for 4 year olds Monday through Thursday
- Kindergarten program Monday through Thursday
Preschool – 3 and 4 Year Olds
The curriculum used at Building Blocks is developmentally based, using thematic units and learning centers to encourage each child’s physical, emotional, social, cognitive and spiritual growth. The professional staff of Building Blocks teachers have Bachelors’ degrees and/or experience teaching preschool age children.
We offer enrichment days for 3 and 4 year olds. These days provide more hands on activities and experiences to explore with senses and imagination. Enrichment days are on Wednesdays for 3 year olds and Mondays for 4 year olds.
CAP (Creative Arts and Play) is a 2 hour experience of hands on creative arts and play. CAP includes art activities, drama, puppets, movement and music and other fun, sometimes messy activities. This class is available to 3 and 4 year olds on Wednesday mornings.
The curriculum used in the Kindergarten program is based on the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills guidelines for Kindergarten developed by the Department of the Texas Education Association. The curriculum uses thematic units and learning centers as well as the Saxon Phonics program, Everyday Mathematics and Math Their Way enrichment areas to encourage each child’s physical, social, emotional, cognitive and spiritual growth. The professional staff has a teaching degree with the state-required certification for teaching kindergarten.
Building Blocks provides a caring environment that encourages children to use their verbal and social skills to solve problems and conflicts. We focus on positive methods of discipline and reinforcement while also providing the opportunity for the child to develop self-control.
Peanut and Tree Nut Policy
KUMC, including Building Blocks preschool and kindergarten, makes a concerted effort to be as nut free/peanut free as possible by:
- Educating students, faculty and staff about the severity of peanut/tree nut allergies.
- Encouraging peanut free/tree nut free food use by students, faculty and staff.
- Checking food brought into Building Blocks classes attended by a child with a peanut or tree nut allergy and removing items labeled as containing nuts or traces of nuts.
- Providing snacks for Building Blocks and events such as Vacation Bible School that are nut free/peanut free.
- Requesting that outside groups that use KUMC facilities not bring in products that contain nuts or traces of nuts in KUMC’s Building and Use Policy.
Peanut free/tree nut free products are defined as products free of peanuts or tree nuts, peanut or tree nut products and traces of peanuts or tree nuts. Products whose labels say “may contain peanuts” or “produced on equipment that also produces peanut or tree nut products” are strongly discouraged.
Emergency Situation and Evacuation Information
Procedures are as follows in the event of:
Lock Down - Children are in their classrooms.
Sheltering - Used for severe weather situations, children are relocated to the east side first floor rooms.
On-Site Evacuation - Children are evacuated to the Hallelujah Center on the KUMC campus.
Off-Campus Evacuation - Children are evacuated to the Primary Location, Keller Public Library, 640 Johnson Road, Keller, TX, 817-743-4800.
Secondary Off-Site Location - Whites Chapel UMC, 185 S. Whites Chapel Blvd., Southlake, TX, 817-881-2124.
Registration and supply fees are due when enrollment is confirmed. Preschool tuition is payable on the first of each month. Tuition is based on a nine month school year, equal monthly payments have been calculated for your convenience. Kindergarten Tuition will be paid by the semester. The balance of tuition for the first semester is due July 1; second semester tuition is due January 1.
Fees for the 2021-2022 school year:
- Registration for returning Pre-K students-$50*
- Registration for new students and Kindergarteners-$100*
- Supply fee for two day programs- $200/year
- Supply fee for three day programs-$225/year
- Supply fee for four day program and Kindergarten-$250/year
- Tuition for two day programs-$270/month
- Tuition for three day programs-$330/month
- Tuition for four day program-$380/month
- Kindergarten Tuition-$390/month
- CAP tuition-$65
*registration fees are non refundable
Complete these forms and bring when your return to school!
Immunization and Medical History
Authorization and Release
Health and Safety Plan Acknowledgement
Assumption Risk Form