Keller United Methodist Church has an opening for a full-time, evening custodian. Hours are 1-9:30pm, Sunday-Thursday.
The purpose of the job is to assist in maintaining the buildings and grounds of Keller United Methodist Church. Must be able to understand written instructions, such as room set-ups and check lists. Must be willing and able to perform routine custodial tasks. Must be able to stand and work for long periods, climb ladders, and be able to lift 25 lbs. Must pass drug screen and background check. If interested, please contact or call 817-431-1332. EOE.
Director of 5th-7th Grade Ministries
Keller United Methodist Church has an opening for Director of 5th-7th Grade Ministries. This position is hourly, 20-25 hours per week, including Sunday mornings and evenings.
Purpose: To fulfill the mission of Keller UMC by creating and implementing ministries of discipleship, learning and community for 5th through 7th grade children and families in the greater Keller area and the congregation of Keller UMC. Create and provide opportunities for children in 5th through 7th grade to grow in their journeys of faith, experience the love of Christ and share that love with others.
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development and education
- Sound theological understanding that matches the mission of Keller UMC
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal), time management skills
- Energy, creativity and passion regarding children and youth ministry
- Event planning
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Organizational skills to help implement vision of KUMC
Job Duties Include:
- Prepare short and long term goals for 5th-7th grade children’s ministry.
- Plan and implement 5th and 6th Grade Fellowship program, including annual retreat.
- Communicate regularly with parents of 5th-7th graders.
- Research and implement mission opportunities for 5th -7th graders.
- Lead 5th and 6th grade portion of Vacation Bible School.
- Plan and implement yearly confirmation program for 7th graders.
- In cooperation with Directors of Children’s Ministry and Youth Ministry, plan and implement three-tiered program to deal with issues of sexuality, dating and relationships.
- Identify and implement creative ways to bridge children’s ministry and youth ministry and keep kids engaged in church activities throughout childhood and high school.
- Prepare yearly budget. Research, buy and report supplies as needed.
- Plan and supervise yearly Jr. High mission trip.
- Work with other program staff and volunteers in planning special events.
- Understand and uphold the Safe Sanctuary Keller UMC Child and Youth Protection Policy.