Keller UMC Resource Center
Do You Need Help?
The Keller UMC Resource Center is open to all those in need of food assistance from Keller and surrounding communities. We are committed to serving and connecting our congregation and our neighbors in ways that build healthy communities.
The Center is Open: Tuesdays, 10am-1pm & Wednesdays, 4-7pm
• Guests are encouraged to bring a driver's license or another form of identification to register at the pantry.
• There are no eligibility requirements. All guests are welcome regardless of their income level or city of residence.
• Parking is available in the church parking lot next to the Resource Center. The Resource Center is located in the far northeast side of the church property. Volunteers are on hand to assist guests in carrying their groceries to their cars.
• A Community Partner Navigator will be present during Resource Center hours to assist guests in signing up for food stamps (SNAP), TANF, CHIP and/or Medicaid State Services.
• Tarrant County College offers ESL and GED satellite classes at this site. Please inquire about a schedule with a volunteer at the Resource Center.
If you have any questions, please contact Cathy Dill at 817-431-1332.
How Can You Help?
What we are already doing:
• Fund and provide trained volunteers for our Kids Hope mentoring ministry.
• Fund and provide trained volunteers for our Backpack Supplemental Weekend Food program for three local elementary schools.
• Provide our neighbors assistance in signing up for social services as trained volunteers for Texas Health and Human Services Community Partner Program.
• The Keller UMC Resource Center’s food pantry and become a food resource for individuals, families and the elderly (without zip code restrictions) who currently go unserved or underserved in our community.
Construction and funding:
The fund available for this project began with $48,000, mostly from the Christmas Eve offering. An additional $19,000 has been donated, primarily through a donation from the East District Office of the Central Texas Conference of the United Methodist Church. The District Office will rent a portion of the renovated building as office space and the rental funds will help fund the ongoing work of the Resource Center.
Thank you to everyone who has already made a monetary contribution, volunteered to serve and prayed for the success of our mission. If you are interested in helping us finish out the renovation and start-up project by making a contribution now, please click the button below.
MAKE A DONATION
Serving Opportunities with the Resource Center
As the Resource Center expands, volunteer your time and energy to stock food shelves and assist clients in making food selections.
Keller UMC is now accepting applications to be part of the Resource Center Team of volunteers.
TAFB Food Pick-Up Team Member
How you will serve: On your designated Monday, drive to the Tarrant Area Food bank, pick up the Resource Center food order, deliver to the Keller UMC Resource Center and unload the food.
Time Requirement: approximately 4 hours on Monday mornings at least once per month.
Skills: Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Would also be helpful to have a truck and trailer hitch.
Meal Connect Food Pick-Up Team Member
How you will serve: On your designated day, drive to area designated grocery stores, pick up the Resource Center food, deliver to the Keller UMC Resource Center and unload the food.
Time Requirement: approximately 2 hours maximum, once per week.
Skills: Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. No truck necessary.APPLY HERE
Resource Center Volunteer
How you will serve: We are in need of volunteers to serve at the Resource Center to greet guests, assist in completion of necessary forms and assist in the "shopping" process on Tuesdays from 10am-1pm or Wednesdays from 4-7pm.
Time Requirement: 3-6 hours a week.
Skills: Ability to provide a caring and welcoming environment for guests. Patience and good interpersonal skills are also needed. APPLY HERE
For more information on the KUMC Resource Center and Food Pantry, contact Pastor Page Hines or call the church offices at 817-431-1332.
How the Resource Center Came to Be
Keller United Methodist Church is committed to serving and connecting our congregation and our neighbors in ways that build healthy communities. The Ministry Council of Keller UMC committed in the fall of 2017 to creating a new ministry, connecting our neighbors with resources as an additional way to fulfill our mission of sharing Christ’s love. The plans for the Resource Center include opening a food pantry to assist those who are unserved or underserved in our community, and to provide GED and ESL classes on-site through Tarrant County College. We will also connect our neighbors who come to the Resource Center for food with resources and partner agencies to address other needs.
Our church family responded with a large Christmas Eve offering dedicated to this new ministry. There was a discovery phase early in the year in which we assessed the Hallelujah Center and determined the renovations needed to be prepared for this ministry. Work began in the spring and continues now, moving into the finishing touches. The Resource Center opened to the public on October 9.